Greetings and welcome to the Eastern States Flemish Giant RBA Website. Our club is dedicated to promoting the awesome Flemish Giant Rabbit, and all seven recognized varieties. Those varieties are: Black, Blue, Fawn, Light Gray, Sandy, Steel and White. As breeders, we strive for our rabbits to meet the Standard of Perfection as set forth in the ARBA Standard of Perfection Book.
We bring in the finest of ARBA Rabbit Judges for our shows, and we love to welcome all who would be interested in the world of the Flemish Giant. Awards and trophies are presented for the winners in Best of Variety, Best Opposite Sex of Variety, Best in Show and Best Opposite Sex in Show as well as the Best Display of rabbits entered.
ESFGRBA holds six shows each year at Cortland NY, with three shows each, twice a year. Please join us at a show, talk with the breeders and exhibitors about these tremendous rabbits. Observe the Judges as they make selections and comment on each rabbit to learn what it takes to make that certain winning Flemish.
PLEASE NOTE: While we are planning on holding our shows as advertised, it all depends on the status of the COVID 19 restrictions. We will keep our site updated with the latest information and/or restrictions
****************************************************** You are cordially invited to the Eastern States Flemish Giant RBA Annual Spring Carousel
The CORTLAND FAIRGROUNDS CORTLAND, NEW YORK
3 Shows in one Weekend!
Saturday April 17th 2 Shows
Sunday April 18 1 Show
OFFICIAL ARBA SANCTIONED SHOW
Eric Stewart, Executive Director
P. O. Box 5667 Bloomington, Illinois 61702
Sanction Fee: $15.00
Membership Dues: Adult $15.00 per yr., 3 yrs. $40.00 Combination H & W: $20.00 per yr., 3 yrs. $50,00 Youth: $8.00 per yr., 3 yrs. $20.00
Family: $20.00 Plus $2.00 per youth or $50.00 Plus $6.00 per youth for 3 yrs.
Official Flemish Giant Sweepstakes Sanction Request to
Wayne Bechdel, Secretary 117 Hollow Rd.
Lock Haven, PA 17745 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Open) $10.00 (Youth) $10.00 (Open and Youth) $18.00
JUDGING BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 9:00 A.M.
- This show will be governed by the latest Show Rules and Standards of Perfection of the American Rabbit Breeders Association. Your entry indicates the acceptance of these rules and any other rules set by this club.
- Entry Fee $5.00 per animal/show.
- Show Building will be open until 10 PM Friday. Building will be locked from 10 PM Friday until 7:00 AM Saturday, for the safety of the rabbits.
- Pre-Entry to Secretary by 12:00 noon, Thursday, . Entries accepted by E-mail or US Postal Mail. Day of Show entries accepted and must be submitted and paid by 8:00 AM. Saturday and Sunday.
- Judging to begin promptly at 9:00 AM. All animals to be cooped to the best of our ability. Coop numbers will not be used. Private Ear numbers must be legible and permanent, per ARBA rules.
- Per ARBA Show Rule 23: No substitutions, changes, or additions will be allowed in a breed after judging of the breed has commenced. There will be no changes at the show table once the judging has commenced. Exhibitors will be given an exhibitor check in sheet prior to the start of each show, and it is the exhibitor's responsibility to insure the entries are true and correct.
- Neither Eastern States Flemish Giant RBA nor the owners of the property will be responsible in the event of fire, theft or accident to persons or their properties while attending these functions.
-Coffee and Tea available both mornings.
-There will be a lunch to purchase at noon when the Judges break.
TROPHIES FOR BOB, BOS, BOV, BOSV and BEST DISPLAYSHOW OFFICIALS SHOW SUPERINTENDENT:
ASSISTANT SHOW SUPERINTENDENT:
Mail in entries may be sent to:
Larry Rishel 2812 Dinnerbell Rd.
Farmington, PA 15437
Or E-mailed to: email@example.com
(All E-mailed entries must be paid prior to the start of each day’s judging)
JUDGING BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 9:00 A.M.Our esteemed judges for the weekend will bePaul Kyle PA.Bruce Ormsby IN.Mike Ross NY.
Eastern State FGRB would greatly appreciate all exhibitors cleaning up their cooping at the end of the show. Any help with tear down would be very much appreciated. Extra hands would make the job go much quicker.
Clarion Inn (Formerly the Comfort Inn) – (607-753-7721) Exit 11, Route 81 (1.1 miles from Fairgrounds).
The hotel is pet friendly and breakfast is included. Free continental breakfast included.
EconoLodge – (607- 756-2856) Rates based on 2 adults per room. Each additional person is
$10 per night, maximum 4 people per room, children are free.
Ramada Conference Center – (607-756-4431). There’s a pool and a steakhouse on the premises.
Country Inn and Suites - (607-753-8300). Nice hotel, very courteous staff, quiet.
Quality Inn – (607-756-5622). Exit 11, Route 81 (1.1 miles from Fairgrounds ). Please mention the “Rabbit Show”. Free continental breakfast included.
Holiday Inn – (607-299-0099). 2 River St (Exit 11 off 81 - 1.1 miles from Fairgrounds). Free continental breakfast included.
Best Western – Tully, NY - 5779 State Route 80, Tully, New York, 13159-2414, (14.77 miles from Fairgrounds) Phone: 315/696-6061. Free breakfast included and Wi-Fi.
Cortland Motel – not recommended Budget Inn - not recommended
Campers/Trailers welcome at the Fairgrounds – No Hook-ups – Bathrooms with showers available. The Fairgrounds can accommodate up to 5 campers, first come, first served basis. Please be aware that there is no sewer hookup.
There is a Camping ground in the area, Yellow Lantern Kampground - 1770 Route 13 North Cortland, New York 13045 - (607) 756-2959 (3 miles from Fairgrounds) http://www.yellowlanternkampground.com
Directions: Route 81 to Exit 12, bear right onto exit ramp and keep right (0.1 mile) towards Route 11 (South-West). Bear Right onto Route 11 and proceed 1.1 miles to Carroll Street. Right on Carroll Street to end (Fairground Drive). Show Building immediately ahead to the left. Easy unloading for cooping. For GPS directions, please use the address: 4292 Fairgrounds Dr, Cortland, NY 13045